Creativity can be defined as one of the most important things for the kids that you cannot ignore at all. Then, that is the main reason why it is so much necessary for you to help your kids to develop it as well as possible.
So then, they can be great kids who are ready to solve any problem and have the better understandings. So, in the end they will be well prepared to face the world in the future excellently. Then, you are so lucky because there are some Ways to develop child’s creativity you can follow! Let’s check them out below!
Why Art and Creativity Are Important In Education?
The first thing of all Ways to develop child’s creativity that you have to do is to provide your kids what they need for creative expression.
6 Ways to Inspire Creativity
Foster process-focused art with advice from Leslie Bushara, deputy director for education at the Children’s Museum of Manhattan.
- Prepare for a mess. Set up an art space where your kid can be free to experiment (and get messy!), advises Bushara. Throw a drop cloth or a newspaper on top of your kitchen table or in the garage. If weather permits, let kids paint outside.
- Avoid giving direction. Don’t tell your kid what to make or how to make it. Instead of saying, “Paint a rainbow,” encourage her to “experiment with mixing colors using different types of brushes and paper,” suggests Bushara.
- Speak specifically about art. When talking to your child about his artwork, try to be precise in your comments. For instance, instead of giving a generic compliment, Bushara recommends saying, “I see you used a lot of purple. Why did you choose that color?”
- Explore your child’s process. Often the best way to encourage conversation about your child’s art is simply to say, “Tell me about what you made,” or ask, “Did you have fun making it?”
- Don’t draw with your child. When parents draw something representational while a younger child is sketching, it can frustrate him, warns Bushara. “It’s better to be near him and let him know that you’re interested and supportive of his art-making,” she says.
- Let it be. When a child finishes a piece, don’t suggest additions or changes, advises Bushara. It’s important for a child to feel that what she’s created is enough — even if it’s just a dot on the page. Source: http://www.parents.com
In this case, it is a must for you to give the proper space which allows your kids to have more chances to explore anything that they are interested in. Even better, if you can make a particular room, which can be like a corner in the family room or the attic, where they can get messed and have fun at the same time. By doing so, they will be able to foster their creativity without making any troubles in home.
Furthermore, the second thing of Ways to develop child’s creativity that you need to do is that you have to encourage the kids to get involved in the art. It means that you have to give them more chances to explore themselves through the art.
In the simple words, it will be awesome if you ask them to participate actively while they are learning how to draw, coloring pictures, listening to a story telling, and so many more still. All of those activities will definitely improve the imagination of the kids so nicely.
Moreover, you have to decide a specific limitation to the inactive lifestyles of your kids. It will be excellent if you never let your kids spend most of their time by watching television or playing video games. Then, you have to let them to enrich their thoughts and ideas as well. You can do this step by giving them the educational toys and applications such as Lego and the virtual story book. By doing this one of the Ways to develop child’s creativity, you will be able to create the more active environment which supports them so greatly to be a creative genius.
The next thing that can be one of the Ways to develop child’s creativity is to give your kids the opportunity to express their different opinions.
You can do this thing by asking them to choose some simple things which can be like what to eat for lunch, what activity to do on the weekend, what story they want to listen to, and so on. Basically, all of them can be the great things that will stimulate them to have the independent way of thinking; which is one of the most significant aspects to make your kids become more creative.